My client is London’s leading made-to-order healthier eating operator. Privately owned and well-financed; my client expects annualised turnover of £20m this year. There are 25 stores in London, plus seven more UK stores outside London throughout the UK.
My client is a sector-leader in technology, being the first operator to go cashless with a pioneering tablet-ordering system in 2016. Effective maintenance of their systems is essential in driving performance and achieving operational simplicity, and the person in this role is pivotal to supporting this. This is where you come in! The Systems Administrator with be tech savvy, commercially astute with a willingness to make the role their own.
- Ownership of internal IT systems & software, either as the primary back-office administrator or as a key member of the support team responsible for maintenance;
- Ensuring such systems are organised and well-maintained, supporting new product launches and software updates therein;
- Liaison between outsourced IT providers and stores, ensuring effective communication and supporting prompt resolution of technical systems issues as they arise;
- Processing business reporting as necessary to supplement the automated systems available and support the small finance team;
- Collaborating in the assessment and implementation of new systems and providers as required;
- Keeping abreast of systems available to the industry and making business cases for systems/software updates where necessary; and
- Other ad hoc investigative, analysis and new project work as appropriate.
Their store-facing IT systems include EPOS, online ordering, loyalty, stock control, HR & payroll, task management, cloud storage, and equipment maintenance. As a business they are supported by outsourced connectivity consultants and most users are on Windows-based computers using cloud storage and file sharing.
- You are a well-organised self-starter who manages your time flexibly and pro-actively. You thrive under pressure to demonstrate initiative to troubleshoot technical issues quickly and effectively.
- You are technical, IT-savvy, think rigorously and take pride in delivering exceptional results.
- You embrace change and think with a positive attitude and adopt a collaborative and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- You can work well with people, and are equally comfortable upskilling a store manager, being patient with a junior member of the team, and liaising with the support team of a IT supplier.
- Relevant industry experience is welcomed, but not essential, as is a keen interest in food and a healthy lifestyle. The team have an ethos of working hard but enjoying themselves.
Salary £24-28k depending on experience, with additional benefits including 25 days’ holiday, free food during office hours and gym membership. You will be eligible to join the head office bonus scheme and NEST pension.
The head office is based at the Baker Street store, but you may be asked to work from any other location to suit the business needs.