Cheesecake Recruitment is proud to be working on a retained basis with THE FUTURE OF SELF-SERVICE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS.
An exciting new software start-up specialising in self-ordering solutions (Kiosks) for the hospitality sector. This market, still in its infancy, is expanding rapidly and we believe our client is uniquely positioned with the technology and the expertise to meet the industry’s most pressing needs. With flexible working hours and a dynamic start-up environment they're looking for smart and innovative people to help us make waves.
Seeking a talented and open-minded .NET engineer who can join the Bristol based team and play a pivotal role in bringing several new products to market.
You will be involved in all aspects of the SDLC including requirements definition, domain modelling, technical design and architecture, and 3rd line support. Your focus will be primarily on building and maintaining a collection of micro services for the .net core platform which will support both customer-facing and back-office modules for our next-gen Kiosk product. The software you write will be used in retail outlets across the country and it is an excellent opportunity to progress in your ability to build reliable, scalable, event-driven systems.
You will report directly to the Head of Development and be part of a team of 5-6 including front-end, full stack and mobile developers. You will work with the Product Manager to define and refine requirements and estimate work as well as the Operations Manager to handle priority support cases, though you will not be involved in any front-line support.
Some of the core quality attributes we expect from your work as an engineer include conceptual clarity, testability, scalability, and design flexibility. You must be able to understand and remember abstract software design patterns and transpose them easily to a varied range of technologies and scenarios. We will expect you to be able to apply a multi-dimensional approach to decision making which considers the future of the business, the industry and your team members as well as the technical problem at hand.
You will also be provided the opportunity to try other areas of development such as front-end, or native mobile should you desire it.
- Analyse and define software requirements
- Identify risks, benefits and impacts of possible implementation options
- Create and defend estimates
- Design with clarity scalability and reliability in mind
- Support your designs with balanced logical arguments
- Be aware of the product release timeline, and complete your commitments in good time
- Write tests for your code in line with requirements
- Evaluate third-party software and construct reliable integrations
- Refactor and maintain performance of existing code as a regular exercise
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- Identify opportunities for optimisation and/or the use of effective new technology
- Minimum of 1.5 years’ experience in .NET application development
- The pursuit of excellence in both process and architecture
- A desire to be challenged
- A demonstrable aptitude for understanding and addressing the problems inherent to software development as an engineering practice
- Software engineering-related degree
- Experience in Service-Oriented architecture
- Experience with Cloud providers
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines
- Experience in the retail industry
Your Personal Characteristics will include
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing
- Accuracy with high attention to detail
- Open and friendly personality
- Able to motivate others
- Able to remain calm and problem-solve under pressure