Cheesecake Recruitment is proud to be working on a retained basis with THE FUTURE OF SELF-SERVICE SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS. MY client is an exciting new start-up software company specialising in the sales and development of self-ordering solutions (Kiosks) for the Hospitality sector. With a mission of Order Easy, Eat Happy, my client has the objective of delivering the technology and expertise to create a streamlined and immersive self-service solution to their customers. Their values are innovation and agility bound to a strong engineering base of technical competence.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Product Manager working within their Bristol Offices. Your primary tasks will include working with the development teams and our customers to define and steer the specification of the product range. The role encompasses the technical understanding to balance the technical challenges of feature options and the commercial acumen to decide which will give the best commercial outcome.
In addition to collating customer requirements, the role will include an understanding of the professional services and support elements of the business and will steer the product suite to make deployment and support more straightforward.
As a startup business this role will include the design and setup of systems for managing feature requests, and in conjunction with the Lead Architect/CTO will include similar system design for project management, source code control and release cycle management.
A true multi-disciplined role that is at the technical and commercial heart of the Company.
You will be working closely with our Board Directors and reporting directly to our CEO to drive the delivery of our exciting Kiosk product into the Hospitality marketplace
- Manage the definition and direction of the development of the Product range.
- Manage the technical and commercial compromises when defining the product path
- To work with the professional services manager on the deployment model for the products
- To work with the support manger on the support strategy for the products
- To design and develop a feature control system for the Development team
- Work with the CTO/ Lead Architect to develop the release cycle timing and source code control process. (included articulating release details to the teams)
- To meet with key customers and attend new project meetings to review product changes and development with the customers.
- To assist the PS Manger to manage the sales order backlog process
- To assist the Support manger to monitor the support process
- To assist the Sales team with road-map and development costings.
- Experience of product and ideally project management.
- Technical background in IT and ideally retail IT
- Good understanding of the development process
- Customer facing mentality, and disciplined approach
- Experience of a support environment within a software business
- Experience of software delivery ideally within the retail industry
- Commercial outlook with a technical understanding
- Experience in Retail related software market, or from a retail customer perspective
- Previous experience with customer facing role