My client is a global leader within their industry, and they manufacture products which are innovative in their design and manufactured to the highest quality and safety standards. As part of their ongoing expansion plans, they are now looking to recruit two Senior Mechanical Design Engineers to join their Product Engineering team based in the Midlands. The main function of the role will be working on high value NPD projects, from concept generation, research and collate supporting information and produce technical specifications on products.
- Define performance goals and devise a test strategy to ensure that new products meet all necessary requirements, including for function, durability, manufacturability and lifespan.
- As part of a design team creating Product specifications and managing the Product design life cycle
- Manage high value projects, taking responsibility for delivering innovative and proven solutions on time.
- Produce detailed designs suitable for manufacture.
- Creation of Prototypes using Supplier and Production resource.
- Resourcing and specification of suitable materials and suppliers.
- Maintain all project documentation and files, in line with company procedures, to ensure accurate handover to production and compliance with relevant standards.
- Test and evaluate design solutions to ensure functional and quality requirements are achieved and compliant with international standards.
- Liaise with suppliers to produce components for testing and manufacture.
- Educated to degree level
- 3D modelling with Inventor experience
- Industrial experience in a similar NPD environment
- Understanding of mechanical engineering, Sheet metal, manufacturing processes and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of testing and approval processes