Cheesecake Recruitment are seeking a Finance Manager, covering maternity period, to join a dynamic IT company which is fast moving and very busy. My client develops and supplies award winning retail EPoS solutions to the hospitality industry and they have over 1300 customers UK wide.
The ideal candidate will have book keeping experience within a Small to Medium size business (with a £2M+ turnover), coupled with excellent organisational and MS Office skills to cover all aspects of the book-keeping and payroll role. You will work with the part-time assistant book-keeper to deliver an accurate, timely and professional accounts service to their team, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Sales & Purchase ledger, and General ledgers through to trial balance
- Credit control – managing deposits and balances due, sending statements, contacting customers to minimise overdue debtors and debtor days
- Monthly P&L/Balance Sheet Management Reporting
- Cash Flow forecasting
- Full Bank reconciliation
- Reply to customers with account queries
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Payroll for employees – Sage Payroll
- Pension & Expenses management
- Proven experience in a similar role and size business needs to be demonstrated
- Organised & able to take initiative, with ability to meet deadlines
- Accurate & efficient with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a team player
- Knowledge of and experience using Xero (preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – especially Excel
- Knowledge of best practice administering accounts for an SME (essential)
- AAT Qualified, ACCA highly desirable
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-moving company, ideally located on the M4 with free onsite parking.