We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate to join a dynamic company which is fast moving and fun to work in, providing customer focused high level application support at a 3rd line level. We develop and supply award winning retail EPoS solutions to the hospitality industry.
You will join a small support & development team to deliver outstanding levels of service to our 1500+ customers, dealing with internally escalated cases from 1st/2nd line teams, exploring root cause analysis and providing bug investigations and code fixes in a timely and efficient manner.
You will have a working knowledge of Windows and experience in the following: SQL Server, C#, Visual Studio, ASP.NET. A junior software developer with working experience in commercial software development and/or application support would be ideal. This is a crucial role for our support team to ensure we deliver fast response times and fixes. You will work on our busy support desk but will work closely with the Technical Director and software development team.
- Be proactive in troubleshooting and diagnosing (sometimes complex) problems
- Perform code/bug fixes in line with company specifications
- Perform 3rd party API investigations
- Be a point of escalation for all complex support cases
- Clearly document and update case notes on our CRM system
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in MS SQL server, stored procedures, indexing, maintenance, etc.
- Good working knowledge of writing code in C# using Visual Studio 2012+
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows, Windows services, and networking.
- Be fluent around a range of other programs such as MS Office, VNC, RDP, Teamviewer, Git, Teamcity, Octopus, Jira, etc.
- A can do attitude, willing to go that extra mile.
- Experience using legacy technologies (VB6, ASP, COM, etc.) would be highly beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a fun and friendly team and use their skills to deliver a high level of support to our customers. In return you will receive a great package which includes pension, private healthcare and a generous holiday allowance. We expect our people to work hard and do their job to a high standard, but at the same time not take themselves too seriously. We are located just off the M4 with onsite free parking.